Last Updated September 20, 2023
We respect the privacy of our clients and we are committed to keeping your personal information accurate, confidential, secure and private. This privacy statement sets out how we collect, store, use and safeguard your personal data. It applies to the personal data we collect through this website.
For your information and convenience, our website may contain links to other websites or apps run by other organizations, which we do not control. This privacy statement does not apply to those other websites and apps, so we encourage you to read their privacy statements to stay informed of how they use your personal data.
Please click on the headings below to explore topics that are of interest to you.
Which personal data we collect
The personal data we collect depends on how you interact with this website and may include the following:
- Your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number.
- Passwords, password hints, answers to security questions, and similar credentials used for authentication and account access.
- Your location, including the location derived from your IP address.
- Your brokerage affiliation and preferences including your preferred official language, headshot photo and other similar data that helps us populate meaningful and accurate data on your website.
- Data about your device (including device identifiers) and how you and your device interact with our website.
- Other information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us when you submit information or service requests by completing various contact forms on the website.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 16.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data from you, from third parties and through cookies.
- Data obtained from you from this website: You provide personal data directly to us when you create an account on this website, submit a request for information via a form on this website, request value estimate for a property at a specific address, execute searches for properties, view and/or like/favourite specific property listings, or update your website Client Portal account information and preferences.
- Log information – we log information about your website visits, including your IP address, pages visited and property searches performed.
- Data obtained from third parties: We obtain personal data about you from service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address.
Why we collect your personal data and our lawful bases for processing it
We use your personal data for different purposes, including:
- To allow a sales or support representative to contact you to provide information expressly requested by you..
- To allow us to monitor website traffic and generated consumer inquiries.
- To create, maintain, customize and secure your account on this website.
- To provide you with support and to respond to inquiries, including investigating and addressing your concerns and monitoring and improving response.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To improve our website and/or product experience so the content is presented most effectively for you and your device.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website and products secure.
We will only use your personal data where we have lawful bases for doing so. Lawful bases include, among others, each one of the following:
- Consent (where you have given consent).
- Legal obligation (where using your personal data is necessary for compliance with laws that apply to us).
- Legitimate interests (where we have legitimate interests and they do not outweigh your privacy rights).
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please see the ‘Your rights regarding your personal data’ section for further details on how you can do this.
If you have any questions about, or objections to, the lawful bases upon which we use your personal data, please contact our data privacy officers in any of the ways described at the end of this privacy statement.
We may use your personal data to send you marketing information directly from us by post, email or SMS, where you gave your consent to such use.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please see the ‘Your rights regarding your personal data’ section for further details.
How we store, process, transfer and protect your personal data
The personal data we collect about you will be stored in a range of different places, including on our servers and in our information management systems and databases (e.g. marketing databases, customer support systems and transaction management systems).
We only share your personal data on a need-to-know basis as follows:
- Internally, with various functions, including, for example sales representatives, finance and legal support personnel.
- Externally, with third parties that help us run our business, including, for example, third parties that manage certain of our IT systems such as email marketing services or CRM solutions.
To ensure that your personal data is adequately protected no matter where it is processed, we have internal policies and controls in place to prevent your personal data from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, unintentionally disclosed, or accessed other than by our employees or third parties under contract.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have a number of rights regarding your personal data.
- Accessing your personal data. You can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Correcting and updating your personal data. You can ask us to correct or update your personal data at any time if you discover that any of it is inaccurate or out of date.
- Erasing your personal data. You can require that we erase personal data in certain circumstances and we will take reasonable steps to inform other controllers that are processing the data that you have requested the erasure of any links to, copies or replication of the data. Your personal data will be removed from our systems within a reasonable time and will be deleted. However, we may retain a copy of your personal data (i) if and as long as required to complete any current business transactions on your behalf or to continue to provide you with the Services you have contracted for (ii) by law, regulation, administrative or court order or for internal auditing purposes, or (iii) as electronic data stored due to automatic archiving and back-up procedures.
- Objecting to or restricting the processing of your personal data. You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g. if we have no lawful basis to keep using it) or restrict how we process it.
- Withdrawing your consent. Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time and you can prevent further processing if there is no other legal basis upon which we can process your personal data.
- Porting your personal data. You can ask us to transfer the personal data that we hold about you to a third party electronically.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or raise a complaint about our data processing practices please see the ‘How you can contact us about this privacy statement or make a complaint’ section below.
How long we keep your personal data
The period for which your personal data is held is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that personal data, the nature of our ongoing business relationship with you, and our legal obligations.
How we make changes to this privacy statement
Should we elect to change this privacy statement, we will post the changes here, so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes.
How you can contact us about this privacy statement or make a complaint
If you have any questions or suggestions about this privacy statement or about how we use your personal data, please contact:
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we use your personal data. We will respond to your complaint within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the way we handled your complaint, you may refer your complaint to your local data protection regulator. For example, in Canada this is the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/).